Blacker the Berry- 2022 Cohort – Photo by Kaya Kelley
Applications for cohort 5 are now open!
Established in 2020 and funded by a Community Development Block Grant from the City of Los Angeles Economic and Workforce Development Department (EWDD), the Seasoned Accelerator program supports micro and small food businesses. It is unique among local accelerator programs for its focus on food and beverage entrepreneurs. We have served 44 businesses since the program’s founding.
SEE-LA’s objective for the Seasoned Accelerator is to create a healthy local food economy and assist and grow food businesses.
The deadline to apply is Jan 8th, 2024.
Each year, a cohort of 10 entrepreneurs receives:
- 1:1 Business operations coaching from an experienced Food Entrepreneur/Consultant.
- 1:1 Marketing Advising sessions with Food & Beverage Marketing expert.
- Educational Webinars on the food industry and business development led by industry professionals.
- Linkage to resources and opportunities, including grants, Small Business Development Center (SBDC), and small business loans.
- Professional photographs of you and your work.
Our coaches and webinar instructors, with deep knowledge and first-hand experience in food and beverage, teach and coach on Growth Strategy, Business Planning, Operations refinement, Financials, and more.
“The Seasoned Accelerator Program has been an amazing experience. My two business mentors have been instrumental in helping me make critical decisions – big or small – and offered me guidance and valuable coaching advice every week. The program also covered diverse topics to help our cohort of small businesses navigate the terrain of being an owner of a startup.’’ – Kenshi Kobayash, Founder of Kenchan Ramen
Kenshi Kobayash, Founder of Kenchan Ramen – 2022 Cohort – Photo by Kaya Kelley