These SEE-LA markets are open with modifications to enhance social distancing!
Central Avenue Farmers’ Market Thursdays 10 am – 3 pm
Echo Park Farmers’ Market Fridays 3:00 – 7:30 pm
Hollywood Farmers’ Market Sundays 8 am – 1 pm
Atwater Village Farmers’ Market Sundays 10 am – 2 pm
SEE-LA’s four operational farmers’ markets have been approved by the City of Los Angeles to continue operating in accordance with Mayor Garcetti’s recent order.
The safety of our community — shoppers, farmers, vendors, market managers, and our surrounding communities — is our number one priority. Earlier this week, Mayor Garcetti asked market operators to submit their COVID-10 Operational Plans to the Bureau of Street Services. Our plans were approved and include some changes that many of you experienced during last week’s markets as well as some additional shifts to help meet the requirements of the Order and updated Public Health Guidelines.
You will also notice:
- A shift in market layout (at most markets)
- Specific entrance/exits
- Signage, chalk marks, etc indicating which way to walk inside of the market
- Cued market entry similar to most major grocery outlets as needed
- An absence of Food Vendors: this is a big one – we have temporarily suspended all food vendors due to an update in L.A. County Department of Public Health Guidance for Certified Farmers’ Markets. We are working hard to appeal this decision as we feel strongly that the prepackaged foods (i.e. bread, juice, hummus, salsa, etc) in our farmers’ markets are essential grocery items.
We all need access to farm-fresh, nutritionally dense food now more than ever. And, our farmers, vendors, and market managers need the support of our communities to continue to earn the livelihoods of many hundreds within the farmers’ market food system. As such, we are doing everything in our power to keep our markets open and to re-open the two markets in South Los Angeles that remain closed until further notice by their host sites.
Keeping our markets safe requires your support too. Here are community guidelines we urge you to please follow when attending farmers’ markets:
- No early entry – shop only during the market’s posted hours
- Eliminate the morning rush – there’s enough to go around throughout the market’s hours.
- Stay at home if you’re sick or at-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often.
- Touch only what you’ll buy.
- Protect yourself and others – Cover your hands and face.
- Do not linger or socialize in the market.
- Maintain a safe distance from others.
- Seek out shorter lines.
- Create space – Leave your cart/ wagon at home.
- Don’t hoard – Continue buying your usual quantities.
- Leave non-service animals at home.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables thoroughly at home.
- Practice kindness and gratitude. We’re all in this together.
We will be launching an order for pick up service soon, look out for more on that in the next few days!